If you’ve been studying the healthy and natural ways that exist to help you fight candida, you might be interested in probiotics, prebiotics and synbiotics. Not only do probiotics help your body fight off yeast infections but prebiotics do as well. Here’s a term you might not yet be aware of: synbiotic. A synbiotic is a supplement that includes both a probiotic and a prebiotic component in order to positively impact the body’s intestinal bacteria levels.
Candida problems happen when the bad bacteria overpowers the good guys. Candida overgrowth can result in many unpleasant health symptoms and while you can get prescription medication to help, the best defense is an offense and you can offensively fight bad bacteria levels by the intake of positive flora.
What are probiotics?
Probiotics are healthy flora that can improve digestive functions.
What are prebiotics?
Prebiotics can be thought of as healthy food for probiotics to help them function better and reproduce.
Benefiting from prebiotics, probiotics and synbiotics
Eating yeast fighting foods is one approach that can go along with avoiding yeast promoting foods. Here are some ways to incorporate some pre and pro biotics into your candida diet to promote healthy flora populations in your digestive system so you can fight candida and have a healthy digestive system. These components can do great things for your immune system as well!
· Inulin. Inulin is a prebiotic that is derived from some plants. It can be added to food and to smoothies for great results. It can also be used as a sweetener. There are listed pros and cons of inulin so be sure to research it further before deciding to take this product in quantities.
· Probiotic and prebiotic juices are available in grocery stores that have yogurt and / or inulin in them. It’s a great idea to drink these when ill and especially when consuming antibiotics because antibiotics not only kill off harmful bacteria in your body but they get rid of the good bacteria as well which gives candida a chance to replicate at fast levels.
· Kefir. Kefir is a fermented liquid that can be a really healthy health drink for many reasons including the fight against yeast infections. You can buy kefir starters in health food stores and online and cultivate your own. Young coconut kefir is an example you might want to look into for health benefits.
· Prebiotic cheese is increasingly readily available in grocery stores and can be used like any other cheese.
· Eat garlic and onions and asparagus and other foods known to contain prebiotics. You can take garlic pills if you’re worried about halitosis (bad breath problems)
· Supplements. Many supplements can help you increase your health and wellness and eradicate conditions like candida. synbiotics can even help with liver and brain health in addition to your immune system.
Learning natural ways to combat health problems like yeast infections are smart and will help you avoid other health problems as well as increase your energy and vitality. Health does truly begin in the digestive system!
Candida is something you might be battling on an ongoing basis and learning about health news that can eliminate the overgrowth of this destructive yeast can be very beneficial.